Monday, February 12, 2007

Fuzzy Buns

The bunnies have had their winter haricuts, finally. I think I should have done it sooner, but I didn't want them to get too cold when we were keeping them on the back porch. Girl bunny (she really needs a name) was first to go. She does very well during the process. I sit her on the ottoman in front of the tv and she will barely move. She looks like a different animal without her fur.



Hagrid's haricut was way overdue. He had a little bit of matting going on behind his ears and around his neck that took some work to cut out. Typically he is the more relaxed of the two, but he gets excited when i am clipping him and want to dig through the ottoman and explore the living room. When he is out to run around the sunroom he spends all of his time trying to find a way into girl bunny's cage. She bites out tufts of his fur through the wires (i don't know that that is so good for their relationship).
The plan is to make an attempt at breeding these two sometime next month. I need to do some more research so that I am ready when the babies are born. I think potentially we already have a couple people interested in buying one and god knows we could use the money. When I bought these guys Hagrid was $85 and Girl Bunny was $65 so it would be nice to recover some cash from them .

No comments: