Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bumper Meat?!?!



Tony has been out hunting a few times this season with no luck. He did however stumble upon what he calls "bumper meat". Yes, thats right, I am married to a hillbilly. One who picks up road kill ("it was still warm!") off the side of the road and brings it home to butcher. Well, not our home, cause I wouldn't let him do it here. Regardless we now have lots of venison in the freezer. As long as I don't think about what I am eating, it is actually very good. Its also going to save us some money this winter on our grocery bills. Dinner tonight was venison stew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Road Kill Cafe!

Anonymous said...

I'm at a loss for words...
But I did love the photos in your previous post.
Mama

Maggie's Farm said...

When Matt hit the deer I was wishing he brought it home to feed to the dogs. Sure would have helped my dog food bill and they would have loved it.