Sunday, March 21, 2010

Header How To

Thanks for the comments on my new header. With spring officially here it was time for a cheerier look on my blog. I can take credit for the photo, I however can not take credit for the how to.

Here is my unedited photo:


And the edited version for the header:



I recently learned how to make great headers from a blog I read A Foothill Home Companion. You can find her tutorial here. She uses an online photo editing program called Picnik to tweak photos and add writing.

I have been really wanting to do more with this blog, which I think is half of the reasons by posts have been lacking. I hate posts without photos, and I really want to be using/taking better photos. I think I am sick of my little camera and am really yearning for a nice digital SLR that I can't afford. I look at this one all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice new header!

Anonymous said...

Now that your kind, thoughtful, generous sister bought you what you were yearning for (what a nice Easter surprise!), I expect I'll be reading more blog posts any day now.
Love you. ma