Tuesday, July 13, 2010

After the Storm


We are creeping into thunderstorm season here in Maine. Our area always seems to get pretty intense storms that come in from out of no where. One minute it will be sunny and the next the skies turn dark. The light after the storms pass is one of my favorites. Everything glows and eerie pink/orange color.

It was a bit of a stormy weekend here, both in reality and metaphorically. My body seems to be trying to tell me that I am doing a bit too much, and after a scare this weekend it is time to cut back on my cleaning jobs. Money will be tighter than it already is...but we'll get by.

2 comments:

Maggie's Farm said...

I love storms - nature's Imax. We sit on bales in the mow and watch them come through from Lake Ontario west of us. No good storms yet, but maybe in August. Last summer I experienced the worst lightning storm of my life the day we took Hannah and Luke to the airport. I was glad they were gone, it was so scary. A blast tore the big barnyard light from above the tall doors. It was bolted on in several places.

Maggie's Farm said...

How are you feeling? Would love to see some more belly (baby) pictures! Hope you are doing well and enjoying the cooler temps.