Wednesday, January 24, 2007

First day of work....

So I had my first day of school ysterday. The alarm went off at 5:45 and the rooster decided to help me wake up as well. Of course it had snowed overnight and ws still spit some more flakes so I decided to leave the house extra early (6:30 to be there for 7:30). Good thing i did because the roads were not so nice. .......so, about halfway to work, i switch radio stations only to hear the the only 2 delays in the whole state happen to include windham. School was delayed for 2 hours. Now.. I am halfway there, and as much as i want to, i decide not to go home as to avoid prolonged driving a la snow. I opt to go to the school, and try to figure out what will become of my first day, seeing as my shift is 7:30-11:30 and school won't start til 9:30. Get there and no-one is there. hmph. So I go to walmart for an hour. Moms favorite store. Bought some car moats for the subaru and a notebook. The I sat in a few parking lots for a while. Inschool ending up going forward, I was there 9:30 to 12:00. Five kids in the room, all of whom said and did nothing. It was very boring, but whatever. All in all this job will be very easy.... if only it was more hours. You need 30 hours for benefits, which are paid 100% by the school if it is just individual coverage (medical and dental). I do however get a retirement plan, and can contribute funds to it which they will match, and life insurance (which i don't really care so much for now, but supposedly signing onto it now will make the process much easier). I am also signed up to be a sub and hopefully do some tutoring as well. I did all the paperwork for this job yesterday, it took over an hour. and i have more i have to do at home and bring back. perhaps this is because i finally have a real job (eh, sort of).


Tony threw the rooster back outside. While it is nice and quiet in here finally, he isn't ready to be back out.

We got propane, and have to pay a not so small fee to get them to come out sooner b/c they were booked through next week. Good thing though because is supposed to be in the negative digits on friday.

I leave you with a pic scooby nora dooby.

No comments: