Monday, August 27, 2007

Anna Got a Job!!


Yes, that's right. It only took about 15 applications but I finally got a job. I will be working as a Day Treatment support staff (basically still an Ed. Tech III).Today I met with all of my new coworkers and I am excited to say they all seem really nice. We will only have 5 students to start in the program and they will range from grades 5-9. There is myself, two other support staff members, one Special Ed Teacher, and on Social Worker. It is a very small tight knit program. Our school has a whopping 3 classrooms, a tiny cafeteria, a conference room, and some offices. But it does sit right on the lake. We will be taking our students to future builders of america twice a week. This is a vocational type program where the kids can be trained in automotive, carpentry, metal work, and some other fields. There will also be lots of field trips and a number of non-academic activities for the students. I am still in the dark on a number of things about my position but i will fill you in as soon as i know.

No comments: