Saturday, October 06, 2007

Fungus Among Us


We get so many neat mushrooms on our land. I need to learn how to Id them. One of my old aquarium customers goes out and collects edible mushrooms. While I find that so cool, I don't think I could trust myself not to accidenlty pick one that would kill me. I'm pretty sure my mother has told me stories about having to watch me when i was a little kid because I always put stuff in my mouth and would go around the yard pointing out mushrooms. Maybe this is why i have such a fear of eating poisonous mushrooms. I have looked at places online in the past where you can by mushroom kits (edible, not the 'shrooms' that you trip on!)and grow your own off of old rotting logs. I would love to try it some day. One of my former roomates when I was in college used to go out and looking the the hallucinogenic shrooms that you find on cow shit. Hello, if it grows on cow shit, why eat it????? That whole thing never appealed to me (and seriously, can you blame me?).

No comments: