Saturday, September 22, 2007

Today

Today i didn't do any thing as productive as i would have liked. I woke up at nine and said good morning to each of the 7 kitties. Cy waits for me to get out of bed by sitting at the top of the stairs and cries at me until i pay attention to him or pick him up. Nora cries to be let outside. I had a cup of coffee and read all of my regular blogs i enjoy reading. Mowed the lawn and mowed the front garden. I haven't been doing a good job at weeding this summer and decided to reduce the size of the front garden. It was mostly grass anyways.
Nora joined me on my walk to the back pond. My feet were dirty and green from the lawn clippings. The tomatoes are in full effect now. The plants themselves look horrible now but the fruits are still looking good. A number of them we on the ground so I brought them in to ripen in the sun room.
The little bridge still doesn't look so good, awaiting repair, but the cattails near it looked neat. Nora sat with me for a while.


Tony chopped some wood and then started a burn in the fire pit.


About 10 minutes later some guy came by from the fire deptartment and told us to put it out cause we didn't have a permit. (we called for one but there was no answer). Oy.


The leaves are starting to turn up here. Summer went by fast. We still have lots of flowers in bloom and these new ones just showed up by the well.
I find some of the coolest insects out here. This guy was on the Goldenrod near te coop. It is a Brown Hooded Owlet Caterpillar. It turns into a very ugly, drab moth.Well, thats all for now. I am feeling really off tonight, haven't really felt well all week.

No comments: