I wish I could say going into 2008 that this is going to be our year. While I am sure in many ways it will be great, we will also be facing some crappy situation with the apartment house; whether it be a shortsale or foreclosure. It seems for the past 3 years that I have been saying, 'this year will be better', and while perhaps there have been slight improvements with each new year, I am aching for a GOOD year.
The good news is come the end of January 2008, I will have paid off all of my medical bills and my car. I can only hope and pray that by freeing up the cash from these payments and snowballing them into my credit card debt that I will come out ahead. Unfortunately, $150 of that extra cash is already being eaten up by my student loans which come back out of deferment this month.
Anyways, my goals for 2008 are:
1. Get my butt in gear planning the wedding and make it happen no later then October 2008.
2. Reduce my current credit card debt by 50% (I'm not giving an actual figure because it is embarrassing) by the end of 2008.
3. Refinance our house.
4. Build our saving up to at least $1000 (30% there now).
5. Get some type of flooring down in the living room (sooner than later).
6. Finish the 2 classes I need for teaching.
7. Apply to nursing school.